Want to be a better cook?
Enjoy being in the kitchen, but want to learn more? Don't let your lack of know-how keep you from exploring the culinary world. Thyme Bandit will teach you skills that will help give you the confidence to create, explore, and taste!
Here are some options for lessons, but any of them can be tailored to your needs.
- Knife Skills - 1 hr lesson covering basic knife cuts, proper cutting technique, and knife maintenance.
- Soups and Stocks - 2hr lesson covering proper technique, differences between vegetable and animal stocks, stocks in soups, and soup making basics. Students will make a vegetable stock, and use it to make a delicious soup.
- Sauces- 2hr lesson covering how to make a roux, other thickening agents, mother sauces, and reductions. At the conclusion of the lesson, one of your sauces will be added to a simple dish prepared by the chef, leaving you a delicious home-cooked meal.
- Basic Meat Techniques- 2hr lesson covering the basic cuts of chicken, beef, and pork, and their appropriate cooking methods. By the conclusion of the lesson you will have cooked one complete dish, and prepared several others.
- Choose Your Own Recipe- 1+ hrs lesson. Have a recipe you've been dying to make, but seems too complicated? Or do you have a recipe that you can't just get right? Thyme Bandit will come and help you tackle the challenge. We'll also cover the basics of reading recipes and mis en place (proper preparation).
Interested in booking a lesson? Contact us now!